Why Are You Here?

Reaction score
A search on the net, brought me to this site.
Met fellow, almost local, canoe builder, Alan Gage.
We have made a great friendship through this site !
I often share this site on Face book, mainly

Cedar Strip Canoe and Kayak building

As others have said a great resource ! I try and add my building experience, that I'm so passionate about.

What is not to like ?

Jim

Reaction score
A search on the net, brought me to this site.
Met fellow, almost local, canoe builder, Alan Gage.
We have made a great friendship through this site !
I often share this site on Face book, mainly

Cedar Strip Canoe and Kayak building

As others have said a great resource ! I try and add my building experience, that I'm so passionate about.

What is not to like ?

Jim

Ooh, thanks for that link. I don’t need to fall down this rabbit hole, but I keep eyeballing it.

Reaction score
I think I saw a reference to this site on bwca.com which I used to frequent on a daily basis. Anyway, I am here for the like-minds, shared knowledge and, as an earlier post noted, the virtual campfire (great phrase.) The only better way to peruse this site would be in the woods on one of my increasingly common basecamp trips. Unfortunately, the UP of Michigan has the solitude I seek but no internet connectivity. - John the Woods Bum.

Reaction score
Why am I here? Today I should be moving topsoil in order to plant wildflowers and tomatos.. But the blackflies are really awful at five pm

Reaction score
How did you find or stumble upon Canoe Tripping?

looking for rigging ideas..
previously all my canoes had vinyl/alu gunwales so it was simple to pop-rivet or screw in nylon pad eyes or p-clips, for the rigging lines. Now I have two boats with wood gunnels, one yellow Explorer in Royalex and a green Seda Scout Kevlar. I don't like the idea of making all those holes in wooden gunnels for the pad eyes. Not enthusiastic about drilling the hulls either - I worry about drilling Kevlar, also the Explorer has so many holes after redoing the gunnels, repaired cold cracks too. So I went a-googling for alternatives and found Mike's exhaustive thread on testing the outfitting attachments..

And, what keeps you coming back?

Trip reports, and the considerable expertise on the site..

Reaction score
I found this site when I was preparing to build a strip canoe, and the trip reports and gear advice is also icing on the cake. Lots of great advice from good people here, thank you. But now I have a new obsession other then wanting to build more canoes and stuff, I am chomping at the bit to come north and do some real canoe tripping.
Roy

Reaction score
I met Robin over on MYCCR many a moon ago and liked the man and his values. I followed him here, and he got me hooked on this site. Love the attitude here. Lots of respect for the other person and their opinions + lots of knowledge being spread around. Even after my final trip is done, I'll be here to enjoy our sport through the adventure of others.

G.