• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

While we are on the subject of pants...

Pants...typically I wear shorts as long as possible. Even when it's blowing a light snow, I'll stick to my shorts if the wind isn't blowing too hard. That said, I have some North Face zip-off nylon pants that work well on trips and can be paired with some lightweight long underwear if need be. When it's truly cold, I'll be in my old Woolrich wool pants (the good ones of old). Colder than that, I'm probably not outside for very long.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

PS - In the days prior to nylon zip-off pants I was a devoted Dickie's work pant wearer. I still recommend them to folks just starting out as they seem to wear like iron and dry fairly quickly; at least they did.

PS - In the days prior to nylon zip-off pants I was a devoted Dickie's work pant wearer. I still recommend them to folks just starting out as they seem to wear like iron and dry fairly quickly; at least they did.
I am still a big fan of the Dickies.
(y)

Natural fibres of cotton and/or wool is the comfort king. But regardless of the % blend it doesn't dry quickly enough for me. Or maybe I get too wet too often for too long. I do however like cotton shorts for tripping, along with wool blend socks. Durable and comfortable. Coincidently I also prefer the feel and bug dope durability of long sleeve cotton shirts. But these outer wear garments don't dry as fast as full on polyester suited...
tarlek.jpg

which is why I often wear the less comfortable quick dry poly stuff, especially as base layers. I mix and match... I never had any fashion sense.

Thanks all for weighing in. I might give the thrift store wool pants idea a try. My daytime paddling pants are 3/4 length as I'm in and out of the water so much loading/unloading (I wear long socks in case I need bug protection). I've liked this approach so far. If it's colder I add long undies to the mix.

Back