• Happy National No Socks Day! 🧦🚫👣

Wanted - Mohawk XL14

Reaction score
I'm looking to acquire a Mohawk XL14.

I would consider an XL13 or XL15.

Well worn is ok, would like to avoid significant structural issues.

Prefer a boat located in Canada but I might be able to arrange something for the US if it's close to Niagara Falls, Detroit or the US East Coast.

If you find a red one outfitted solo it may have been my father's. He bought one brand new back in the early 90's, but sold it before I got hooked on paddling. Big boat - carry a lot of gear, but I have never seen another one around. What are you looking to paddle with that boat?

A red one would be nice, it would be a good contrast with the yellow one I already own (acquired in 2014 in almost new condition). It was one of the last ones made by Mohawk before the supply of Royalex was exhausted.

I use this boat as my default tripping boat, mostly for extended Class III river trips. It has about 3500km on it and as I am a very experienced "canoe killer" it's not going to last much longer!

Thanks for posting, of course it got snapped up in a flash, somebody got an amazing bargain so I'm still looking.

Not mine but what youre looking for

Thanks for the tip......

Would you considered picking it up for me? How about picking it up for me and eventually bringing it to Canada for me?

Maybe somebody knows, this boat is somewhat different (hull shape) than the XL14 I currently own, not a big surprise given it's about 20 years older than the one I have. Anybody know how much different it actually is?

RECPED - This isn't my listing, but I saw it on Paddling.com and thought I'd post it here for you.

https://paddling.com/classifieds/mo...very-431036/?lat=39.2908&lng=-76.6108&zoom=10

This canoe now belongs to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's on top of my truck after being DELIVERED personally by the seller who came all the way to Toronto from Baltimore (a detour of 100's of miles from his actual destination in Plattsburg NY).

I owe you for pointing me in the right direction.

Back