• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Update update

Reaction score
I'm not sure what has happened, but there are a lot of issues on this last update. I'm beginning to realize that running a site in today's modern world with all the gadgets, settings and systems is something that should be left to the big guys with their own on board website repair guys.
I have enough funds to run the site for a while, but I can't provide repairs for any more issues that I don't have myself on my lap top.

In the not to distant future I plan to make the site smaller and less expensive to run. I have no concrete ideas at the moment, but changes are coming. Why supply lurkers, Google searches, not to mention inactive members a free ride? This idea was poo pooed a while back, but times have changed. I plan to downsize the site so the days of $85 a month hosting fees will be gone. To any of you internet keyboard lawyers, I said "I plan to", it might not be possible, but I will try.

So changes are coming, it's either that or a blank screen. I am in no way bothered if the new look will cause folks to move on, they do it all the time.

0df3e554b2c4fdd050a0012d7f370246--canoe-camping-canoe-trip.jpg

It seems like web site/forum hosting became a lot more complicated with the mobile device focus. I'm not tech savvy enough to have any valuable insight or advice on the best path to take. If you can go simple to cut costs and complications I'm sure you'd have the support of most all current active folks.

Its kinda like the ol' Mom & Pops eateries of yesteryear. So many have gone away only because the brave new world has made their existence expensive and complicated. Their food and service didn't change, they simply got ushered aside by the corporate heavy equipment and their deep pockets.

I hope CT survives in some form but I certainly understand where you are coming from and empathize with your frustration.

Robin, thanks for all you do for this site. I love using my phone to look at the site but whatever you decide to do has my support. I can always use my laptop or desktop if I have to.

Hi Robin! I'd like to chime in and say I'm open to what ever you decide to keep the site up and running. I'm sure this labor of love can be quite time consuming. Also up for assisting with funding when the time comes.
With a cyber "Secret Chum Handshake......."
Yohawk

Let me tell ya, Robin, if lurkers weren't supported, I'd have never found this spot, and I'd never have come into this great community of like-minded individuals. With that being said, if there's some place that I can kick in a donation, I'll give what I can.

I don't know anything about how sites are operated and upgraded. So whenever they do upgrades and their software has bugs, they don't fix them? Is it up to you to figure it out and make corrections? Do they charge more whenever they upgrade and are the upgrades required or voluntary?
Sounds like a cash cow if they keep upgrading in order to charge a higher hosting fee.
Robin, You are welcome to ask for donations at any time to keep the site going. I believe the response will be better than ever.

Next to a mug of coffee, this site is my whole morning and has been for a long time.
Let me know what I (we) can do to help.
.....Birchy

Back