• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Tree-Mount Camera Holder

Reaction score
When heading out on a canoe trip or backpacking trek I'm always looking at ways to cut bulk and weight. I do a lot of photography and video, so having a tripod is an essential piece of gear, but sometimes it's just too cumbersome to pack and transport. Recently, I found a little device that I can use to get self portraits and blog-post shots without having to lug the tripod with me...it's called the Easy Mount Trail Camera Holder and it's made my the HME (that's Hunting Made Easy) company based in Texas. Although this device appears to be designed for use with trail and game cameras, its' sturdy construction allows it to be used with a wide variety of conventional digital/video camera systems. If you want to see how useful this little gadget is, please click the link below and check out the review I did on my YouTube channel:
Note: No wild, living trees were hurt (dtrilled into) during the making of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvswk_IJ0Ag

Cheers
-Wayne

Last edited:
Hey Sweeper, Did you actually watch the video and see the two examples where I used only ‘dead’ trees?

I did, but I also saw shots @ 4:11 on of it in live trees and just because you would only use a dead tree, others trying to get the perfect shot might not. Trees around campsites and portage trails take enough of a beating without drilling holes in them

I agree that any damage to live trees is not good. But I think people could use it responsibly. Just because I carry a knife doesn't mean I carve my initials in every tree.

It's amazing how people who travel in the wilderness can be so disrespectful of it. From trashed campsites, cutting live trees for the fire, not using the Thunder Boxes, to stripping Birch Trees...I had a young lad in another group that thought it was alright to cut the bark off trees to make a blaze so he could find his way back
I just don't see the need to add to it with this mount.

As opposed to the tree-mount camera, why not just use a tripod, which is even more flexible and adaptive than the tree-mount? You can put the tripod anywhere. You don't have to rely on the perfectly-positioned tree, dead or alive, which is very difficult to find or stumble upon.

Back