• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Three New Site Color Themes Now Available

Glenn MacGrady

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Courtesy of the 60+ site supporters, I have enabled three additional color themes (or styles) for the site.

The default theme has been and remains blue fonts on white background.

If you go down to the bottom left corner of any page, you will see the style chooser icon (paint brush). Click that and you can also choose Minty Green Chestnut Green-Gray, Mocha Style, or Shades of Grey. Both the Default theme and Shades of Grey require you to hover your cursor over the forum names to see the detailed forum descriptions, whereas the forum descriptions are permanently displayed in Minty Green Chestnut Green-Gray and Mocha Style.

I'm going to stick with the default style, I was not ready for how MINTY, Minty Green was.

I'm going to try each color theme for a few days to see if I adjust to them and how much I like them after that. I've always liked dark themes, like Shades of Grey, when using the computer at night in the dark, as I do every night.

The Minty Green site color theme has been replaced by color theme I call Chestnut Green-Gray.

Just go to the Style Chooser on the bottom left corner of any page to choose among the four available color themes.

I found two bugs in the Minty Green color theme and told the author of the theme about them in a lengthy conversation on the Xenforo.com support forums. She fixed the bugs and then, on her own, changed the color hues to a palette she describes as a "warmer green-gray hue," a "relaxing color theme for . . . outdoor themed communities". This immediately called to my mind that the classic Chestnut Canoe color was a famous green-gray.

Thus, in honor of our open canoe heritage, I have dubbed the newest site color theme Chestnut Green-Gray.

I've been tending mostly toward the Mocha the past few weeks, but I'm now going to give the new Chestnut Green-Gray an extended tryout. In about six months I'll run a poll to see what the favorite color themes are among the members.

Back