• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

The Last Guide

Reaction score
Hope this wasn’t posted some place else, if it was, it is well worth rewatching.
Google YouTube’s video “The Last Guide”
a story about Canada’s Algonquin Park fishing guide Frank Kuiack.
I don’t know how to post links from my smarter than me phone. My old lap top is laying over in the corner deader than a door nail. I am not interested in you guy’s trying to teach me how to do it as most of your instructions don’t take into account how dumb I am.
I am going to buy the book also. If your tear duct’s need a flushing the video might help if you are the sensitive type.

Last edited:
I bet many of us have a revered old timer. Mine is Ray Rietze. I am fortunate that I know several Maine Guides who have a deep knowledge of the woods , more than I do. They can indeed live there. I visit.

Last edited:
I enjoyed that, thanks for heads up. I knew an old timer up there in the Ottawa Valley, he had a farm where I helped out when things got busy, haying and thrashing.
One time he told me "if I had a team of horses that drove a wagon as bad as you I'd whip them every day" haha, it worked, I became pretty good with that old tractor and trailer. He used to work all winter in the mines of North Bay, living in a wall tent. I loved to hear his old stories.

That was a worthwhile and enjoyable video, thanks for posting. Frank seemed like a nice guy with a good sense of humor. He reminded me of an old family friend that used to take me fishing when I was a kid. He was a retired coal miner that rolled his own smokes, had the same wrinkles and the same ruff sounding voice.

Back