• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Thanks Glenn!

Well done, Sir......... You have renewed my faith in what Robin had going back in 2016 when I first joined.
I have missed reading the forum with my morning cuppa.
I can log in from my old lap top, something I haven't been able to do since last summer.
Love the non-stickie look too.
A big THANK YOU from this old geezer.
..........Birchy

Let me add my accolades as well... Been sort of on a months long forced hiatus from CT due to various issues I encountered...but kept reading on and off... and very happy to see it with a new life, new look and shiny new varnish on all the exposed wood... Congratulation and well done!

It sure is nice to see the forums busy again with new threads and people commenting on already existing ones!

Alan

Thanks for your work....I don't post much, but appreciate the site.... as for donations, I'm very willing...

how do I have more points than Robin? whatever that means....

Canube, you've currently got more points because you've posted on this new board and Robin hasn't. He's currently paddling in Canada. Trophy point awards are described in the Help link at the bottom of the page. I'm going to leave it active for a few months to see how it works out.

WOOOWE!
After months of not being able to log in and post, I can now add my 2.5cents when not needed.
Many thanks Glenn.
Most appreciated.

Dear “Staff Member” Glenn, this is Great! The first thing I did when I got home last night was kiss the wife (50 years November 7th), pet the dogs and check the site. Doesn’t get much better than this, a big tip of the old beavertail for a job well done.
Thanks for all the effort you put into moving the site to a new platform, we are fortunate to have had someone step up, Ifor one will always be greatful.

Looking good Glenn. Thanks! I do have a wee question. On my browser home page I have symbols for my often visited sites. Canoe tripping has what looks like a garden gnome wielding a miners quarrying pick. Do I need glasses?

On my browser home page I have symbols for my often visited sites. Canoe tripping has what looks like a garden gnome wielding a miners quarrying pick. Do I need glasses?

I believe those bookmark symbols are generated by browers. Under Chrome I get the "miners pick" for several sites including CTN, but under Firefox I get a green symbol for CTN.

It's called a favicon and I believe it is typically found in the root folder of the website being visited.

You're right, scratchypants, thanks. I checked and Xenforo has no default favicons in the software, so browsers or Google create one.

I just played with creating a couple with an online favicon generator, but they didn't look good. It has to be a 32x32 png image, which then has to be hosted somewhere on the web so there is a linkable path to it that I can put in the root folder. Maybe I should let members try to create a favicon for the site.

Back