• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Sylvania Wilderness Canoe Trip to Whitefish Lake

Reaction score
Our trip to the Boundary Waters left us wanting more, so we couldn't let the summer end without another quick canoe trip. We headed to the Sylvania Wilderness, located in Upper Michigan near Watersmeet in the Ottowa National Forest. It offers 50 nice, canoe accessible, wilderness campsites. We heard plenty of owls and loons, and even got to watch an otter swim across the lake. The leaves were beginning to turn, with winds that felt like autumn - my favorite time of year to be outdoors. In the end, I felt sad to leave this place behind knowing we cannot return until next year, with school schedules demanding precedence over family time in the wilderness.

DSC06151 (1000x750).jpg

DSC04834 (1000x746).jpg

DSC04768 (1000x750).jpg
If you want to read the details you are welcome to check out our blog http://mamasbasecamp.blogspot.com/2015/09/sylvania-wilderness-canoe-trip-to.html

Look's like a nice getaway place to paddle. The 'Banana Mushroom' is 'Northern Tooth'

Great blog and it looks like your daughter knows how to have fun in the woods

I enjoy your writing and I also enjoy seeing your daughter having fun with Mom and Dad. Your "thunderbox" story had me laughing, unfortunate but funny none the less. Great Blog, nice job Mom, Thanks for sharing.

Back