• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Swift Prospector 15

Reaction score
I have been looking at Swifts new 14' Prospector. It has an unusual chine design but it look like a fun boat to paddle .
Just wondering if anyone has paddled it or has any input on it .
Thanks

I have been looking at Swifts new 14' Prospector. It has an unusual chine design but it look like a fun boat to paddle .
Just wondering if anyone has paddled it or has any input on it .
Thanks

What do you find unusual? Symmetrical, little bit of rocker and some tumblehome. Just curious as to your thoughts. I saw them at canoecopia but haven't paddled one.

DY has been designing shouldered tumblehome for over thirty years
all my solos save Wenonah have that feature. Deflects waves down and makes extraordinary secondary stability

Saw one two days ago while tripping in APP. The fella that had it swore by it. It looked very impressive with the shouldered tumblehome. He had his medium sized dog (Lab) with him. I believe it is brand new for 2018. Apparently he paid $4200 CND for the layup and adjustable carbon fiber seat shelf.

I have paddled it and you still could. Bill Swift Jr. will be in Madison WI at Rutabaga Paddlesports June 9th and most likely have it with him as it is one of the new boats he is promoting. You could also try the Kewaydin 14 and 15' solos. Although it has the prospector name, it does not have the pronounced rocker and leaning it really doesn't bring the ends out of the water. However, it is more maneuverable than the Kewaydin especially loaded down. I enjoyed paddling it and it fit somewhere in between my Bell Yellowstone solo and my Nova Craft Bob Special. I hope you get this in time to plan a trip to Madison. Rutabaga does have some Swift canoes in stock I just don' remember if they have a Prospector 14.

Back