• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Sweet Composites

G

Totally agree Mike !
They are my go to for cloth, and expertise for composite building !

Jim

Thanks Mike, just ordered 2oz glass for a touch up product yesterday. Lovely woman helping in customer service. I mentioned this site and your name as to where I found out about them, she was appreciative.

They are indeed a great company! Even me that live in the boonies of northern Canada deals with them!!

Sweet Composites also sells Dynel sleeve which is great for adding skid plates, light weight and very abrasion resistant. The sleeve lets you use a double layer and have no cut edges that might fray during epoxying.

Sweet Composites also sells Dynel sleeve which is great for adding skid plates, light weight and very abrasion resistant. The sleeve lets you use a double layer and have no cut edges that might fray during epoxying.

For a long narrow skid plate on a sharp stemmed vee bottom boat that Dynel sleeve sure makes skid plate installation easy. Even easier using 4” release treated peel ply “tape”

P9150010 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

Not as useful on blunt-nosed WW or downriver boats, where a wide Dynel skid plate is better.

PB180020 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

My Holy Grail now is to find a source for a roll of 4 inch wide Dynel “tape”, or 3 inch or 5 inch, etc.

I bought all the S-glass from sweet that I used on the deck of my northwind project. Prompt shipment and carefully packed fabric on a cardboard role. Would definitely do business with them in the future.

I just received fiberglass and epoxy for my stripper from Sweets. I knew I was in good hands when the nice lady on the phone asked "which do you want on the outside of the roll, the E or S glass?" Thanks for the recommendation Mike!

I just received fiberglass and epoxy for my stripper from Sweets. I knew I was in good hands when the nice lady on the phone asked "which do you want on the outside of the roll, the E or S glass?"

I am not surprised at that level of customer service interaction. Every time I have ordered from Sweets they have verified that I wanted this, packaged in this manner, shipped this way. When ordering some to new-to-me fabric or oddity (Dynel sleeve and cord) they have taken care to identify the product, use, intention etc if I seemed hesitant or unaware.

They know their stuff.

I’ve ordered from other FRP providers, Jamestown Distributors and Express Composites, largely because Sweets does not carry release treated peel ply, only green pull nylon. Those are both fine companies, but you better have your ducks in a row when you order, know exactly what you need, for what, shipped how.

Finally, a word of gratitude to John Sweet. Back in 2006 when John Sweet turned the business (then John R. Sweet Company) over he found the right people - paddlers who had built boats and knew FRP materials and supplies - to carry on the tradition.

Back