• Happy 1st Showing of a Color Photograph (1861)! 📷🎥🏳️‍🌈

Son gets to build his new boat

Reaction score
Although not your typical DIY, as my first post I wanted to share my son's opportunity to actually build his first boat. Mohawk Canoes were manufactured in my home town for a couple years. When they moved their manufacturing operation to another state, they left all of the blemished hulls and hired a guy to finish them as they sold. We take at least one 4-5 day trip on the Buffalo River in Arkansas every year. My son had been tandem tripping with me for a few years and I thought he was ready to go solo, so I started to look for a suitable boat to give him for his Christmas present. When I learned about the Mohawk blems, I went to look at them. There were several that had only minor blemishes, so I made a deal on a Nova 16 and arranged for my son and me to actually help the guy build it. I kept it a secret until we arrived at the warehouse location. He was smiling the whole time and I couldn't have been more proud. How many people actually get to help build their own NEW factory-built boat?

Attachments

• photo3572.jpg
    photo3572.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 0
  • photo3574.jpg
    photo3574.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo3573.jpg
    photo3573.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Pretty neat. Must have been fun and educational to do with someone who is very familiar with the task.

Alan

Back