• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

Soloing a tandem canoe....

Reaction score
Soloing a tandem canoe in class II-III water... This is a 16 foot Composite Creation Expedition soloed from the bow seat going down a class II-III section on a local run. That rapid is a bid "S" shape, there is an Island in the middle at the top that offer lots of possibilities for different moves, like jet ferries, S turns, C turns, surfs etc... Starting at the top you can run it straight just keeping your boat pointing down, but that is boring, so I try to do a few or all the moves I can to make it more exciting... On this run I started on river right and Jet ferried to the island then a tight C turn to the end of the island into a small eddy, to then come out of it on a slight ferry to the center of the river and ran to the right of the main wave train to then exit to river right a the bottom eddy!!
The photos are form after exiting the bottom eddy on the island!!

Attachments

• photo12075.jpg
    photo12075.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 1
  • photo12076.jpg
    photo12076.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 1
  • photo12077.jpg
    photo12077.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo12079.jpg
    photo12079.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo12078.jpg
    photo12078.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 1
That water looks cold!

I get a kick out of how big tandems look when soloed in big waves. Like they're going to launch for the moon. :D Great photos!

That water looks cold!

I get a kick out of how big tandems look when soloed in big waves. Like they're going to launch for the moon. :D Great photos!

Water is usually cold... We pretty much ware dry suits all year around up here, most of the time they are a good idea, some time just by habits!

Back