solo tent with roomy vestibule?

Reaction score
I've never cooked in the vestibule in over 60 years, and for several reasons- I camp in bear and raccoon country (raccoons are worse), I need that room to shuck outerwear and boots, it's would be far too crowded to do safely, and finally that tent is my shelter, and contains my clothing and bedding, a fire- related mishap would be a disaster.
that said I prefer a vestibule that's big enough to strip down in while containing all my loose gear, so that means my "solo" is either my old single wall barn-style 2 man tent whose ridge poles extend out from the body and has an added vestibule, or if weather will be wet or cold, my 3 man Jack Wolfskin which has 2 hooped vestibules.
I carry a 10x10 silnylon tarp for cooking and lounging- less than a pound with ropes (3mm static cord) and packs down smaller than a nalgine. It also serves as a backup shelter if the s**t hits the fan, or many times it's all I take if going truly ultralight.

Reaction score
central NYS - 10 miles from the Baseball Hall of F
@lowangle al - If you're interested in an inexpensive shelter that allows for a stove and a view, you might want to check out the One Tigris ROCDOMUS. Here's a link: https://www.onetigris.com/rocdomus-hammock-awning-hot-tent.html

Don't know if it's still available but I saw it on the Alibaba website last week for just under $100.00.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Reaction score
I've never cooked in the vestibule in over 60 years, and for several reasons- I camp in bear and raccoon country (raccoons are worse), I need that room to shuck outerwear and boots, it's would be far too crowded to do safely, and finally that tent is my shelter, and contains my clothing and bedding, a fire- related mishap would be a disaster.
that said I prefer a vestibule that's big enough to strip down in while containing all my loose gear, so that means my "solo" is either my old single wall barn-style 2 man tent whose ridge poles extend out from the body and has an added vestibule, or if weather will be wet or cold, my 3 man Jack Wolfskin which has 2 hooped vestibules.
I carry a 10x10 silnylon tarp for cooking and lounging- less than a pound with ropes (3mm static cord) and packs down smaller than a nalgine. It also serves as a backup shelter if the s**t hits the fan, or many times it's all I take if going truly ultralight.
Scoutergriz, I am in agreement with you. I'm not planning to cook in the StoveHut. I will still cook under a tarp, which I usually pitch as far from where I sleep as possible. I also have a Pomoly Rhombus Tarp Shelter and I am not planning on cooking in there either.

Attachments

• Pomoly Rhombus Hot Tarp.jpg
    Pomoly Rhombus Hot Tarp.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1