• Happy National Nurses Day! 🛌👩‍⚕💉💊🎉

Slipstream birchbark canoes

G

I see on their website that they make 3 models of simulated birchbark canoes. Anybody seen one or know something about them? I am thinking of using one for living history paddling.
thanks,Turtle

Turtle - I see no one has responded yet but I'm interested in these canoes for the same reason as you. I'd love to be able to afford one of the "Bark Canoe Store" boats but I just don't have the extra money at the moment. If you're not familiar with what they build, you might want to check out their website. The address is: http://www.barkcanoe.com/

That's all for now. Take care and if I hear anything about the Slipstream boats I'll let you know. Until then...Be well.

snapper

PS - What era do you portray in you living history program(s)?

F+I or rev war. Wilderness trekking. Emphasis on living history vs reenacting.
turtle

Thanks! Do you ever travel in and around NYS or New England? That's where most of my living history is done. We have lots of wonderful historic locations near me with the Mohawk & Hudson valleys being so close and Lakes George & Champlain being about 3-4 hours away. I can even get to many historic sites in VT & NH within 4 hours or less so there's lots of places to visit.

BTW...I usually portray French. Are you a friend or foe (LOL)???

Until next time...Be well.

snapper

Back