• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Servus 15" Premium Rubber Boots

Reaction score
I bought a pair of these Servus rubber boots to take on a trip up the Allagash in late September, and have been using them ever since. I have a wide foot (10.5 EEE) and ordered them a size up (11) so that there would be room for a pair (or two) of wool socks. I've used them in temperatures from the mid-30s up to the mid-70s. I find them quite comfortable sitting or kneeling in the canoe all day or walking short distances (I haven't had to walk in them more than a couple of hundred yards and I'm not sure I'd recommend them for long portages needing a lot of ankle support). They are great for getting in and out of the canoe in shallow water. And if you over-top them, just poor 'em out, wipe 'em dry. You won't have to worry about putting on a cold, wet shoe/boot the next morning. It remains to be seen how many season I will get out of them, but for $20, I recommend them!

Those look great and I'd try them since they seem to be durable... unfortunately they seem available in the states only. I usually wear thinner rubber boots around the property and in the canoe, but they do wear out too fast and a sharp stick will puncture the thin rubber uppers.

I still have heavier army surplus rubber boots that I bought about twenty years ago and they're holding up. But they're so heavily built that the rubber won't flex enough for comfort and the inside rubber will burn through socks and skin if you haven't got inch-thick callouses. Built like a tank, though, and good enough if walking isn't necessary. Somewhere is a rubber boot that will be made from some kind of rubber that's both flexible and durable.

I have worn Servus boots for years and been very satisfied with them. I usually wear size 13 but find the size 12 perfect with two pair of thin socks. My feet get along well with them and I can walk all day in them. They last me many years and usually crack behind the toes where the boot flexes after those years of walking. I picked up a new pair at a Farm and Fleet store which is a chain in Illinois and Wisconsin. Three boots were available in the Servus brand. The one shown above, an upgraded version and a steel toe version. I opted for the steel toe this time for chain saw safety and to see if it helps with the eventual cracking behind the toe. The steel toe Servus boot was $35 US and the mid-grade was $30. The boot alsg bought was described as having a compound that withstood cracking in the cold and was cheapest but my feet did not seem to like their fit as well as the other two choices.

Thanks for the post, I was looking at them the other day at TSC, and Martens good review is a helpful. I need a pair of easy on/off boots for feeding the chickens in the early am. (I'll get a pair for the wife too for those mornings I feel like sleeping in..haha)

These happen to be what I use, in Spring and early Fall !
Only drawback they are Not good in the cold, below 40* F, especially in a tree stand !

Jim

I have been real happy with the Nokian boots from Finland. Not cheap by any means, but tough like the Finns I grew up with. Fairly easy on and off, great soles, I have never gotten a blister even after long days hunting grouse. I also have a pair of their boots with the felt bootie for winter ice fishing, I bought the optional stud kit for them. These have kept my feet warm on some long cold days on ice. The studs have kept me upright on glare ice too. You just can't wear them into the house, because they will tear up a floor. I got mine from Brushey's in Canada.

This is a helpful thread, thanks Alsg. My big green rubber boots are cracked at the heels. I do love the felt liners in them. I bought them just the right size to wear them barefoot, originally worn for farm chores. My sweaty feet weren't half as stinky as what I had to walk through. I intended to trip with them, especially since a northern dude swears by them for dancing in. (Now that I gotta see. Maybe.) Anyway, I've wanted to replace them with the newer rubber/neoprene boots but the prices on those have scared me off. This past summer I found a cheapo pair for $40. One size too large means I can slip them on and off easily barefoot around camp. They're my choice now for camp footwear. The soles don't provide much traction, so I won't test them on portages, but they've been grippy enough for clambering on wet rocks. The neo stuff makes them fairly warm without any liners, but they're also only about 10"; not quite adequate for wet footing it into or out of the canoe. I'll keep boot shopping. Funny enough Brushey's is located in a nice little town where I have family. I'll have to look for it next visit. Thanks Birchy.

Back