• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

SE PA Checking In

Reaction score
Hello all. I just joined your site the other day and have been reading and reading through all the threads. Enjoyed every minute of it.
Looks like there is a great community of people here and the forum is very friendly and civilized with lots of information shared. I just happened to Google Canoe forums to see what I would get...here I am. Thanks for accepting my registration and letting me in.
A little introduction...I am in Red Hill Pa, which is near Quakertown for some of the Pa folks that know where that is and just an hour North West of Philadelphia as a reference for others. I am the Mayor of my town of 3200...small town, but I am the guy that people like to complain to about all the things that I can do nothing about. I am not a politician, just a guy that likes to get involved with the community to make it a better place.
I have been fishing since I was 10 and my dad had a camp site in the Pocono Mtns where we fished from an OT158 on Shahola Lake for years.
Now I have gotten back into paddling and do enjoy it. I really only paddle to fish. I own a We-No-Na Vagabond Solo Canoe, a Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yak, and a Scadden Assualt Kick-Boat. I fish/float the Delaware river, Lehigh river, Susquehanna river sometimes and several lakes and streams.
I have some questions I will ask about solo canoes in the near future. My Vagabond didn't get the use it deserves last year and I want to either change that or change my boat. I love that canoe, but I think I need something a little bigger.
Thanks again for having me here.
Schiff

Welcome, Schiff.

I'm sure we'll have plenty to share with each other. Photos are always welcome.

Welcome Schiff, I had a Vagabond and traded it for something bigger to solo with. I like more room and stability. Some places I stand up and pole my boat. I'm not good enough to do that in a Vagabond. Many here may go the other direction. Its all good as long as you find a boat you truly enjoy. Never buy a canoe with out test paddling it. Dave

Welcome Schiff, and Thanks for the service to your community. I hope your time spent here and in your canoe makes you a better "public servant"...you have my sympathy, along with my admiration!
Lots of good info here too, ask away!
Robin

Schiff,
Welcome neighbor! I live near Allentown.
I'd probably be interested in the vagabond if you decide to sell.

Aaron

Tracker it seems he sold the Vagabond. But Swift has a new entry based on the Vagabond. The Keewaydin 14.

Here is a picture of the designer with the wooden plug.

Tracker,
I have the Vagabond and would consider selling it. I am currently out of work and the only way the wife would let me get another boat is if I would relinquish one.
If you want to make me an offer (probably best via Private Message) I would certainly consider it.
I almost put it up for sale last year, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Think about it if you like and let me know.
And yes, Allentown is close to me. Maybe we do a float come warm weather?

Yeah sounds good. I normally start paddling soon after ice out so just let me know.

PM me the info on your vagabond. If you want add your number and a good time to call.

Thanks
Aaron

Back