• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Restoring a couple of Mad River Canoes video

Nice video Robin !

I scored several planks (6) of Ash 18.5' long 15" wide. There are more, at $50 a piece I couldn't sleep at night not buying !

Hulls look great !

Jim

Wow great job Robin!! Composite explorer would be a great solo tripping canoe, I don't care for the RX explorer much, but the composites ones are supposed to be real nice!!
Hope you get back to do a few trips next season!! Take good care!

Jim that is a great deal on those boards, I can't even get spruce up here for that price hahaha.... Hope you bought all of them!!

Thanks for the kind words.

Gerald, I had to google Bonne santé mon ami, Thank You. Glad you don't speak French around our camps, no google there.

I told my wife I plan on a few trips next year to catch up on the ones I missed in the last couple of years,

She said
"Tu es un rêveur"

HaHa

Canoetrouge, I like that old kevlar Explorer hull, I was planning on selling it but it's got some stress cracks and an old patch, both don't mean much to me but for resale that stuff hurts. I'm still thinking I can go with the wood canvas canoes but keeping that kevlar canoe might be a good idea. That big heavy fiberglass Lamoille is a nice canoe (for a young guy with a strong back), 18'4" by 32" wide.

Tis the season for "Tu es un rêveur". I have the maps, books, and calendar in a pile for trips I want to take next year and will whittle it down to a reasonable level.

Very nice job on the video and the canoes Robin, thanks for sharing.

forget the kevlar ....build one of those Jacks Special chums......

I have a couple of nasty looking old glass canoes that need love.....if you are bored and dont mind a drive....lol. Half a dozen wc as well....I coiuld keep you busy for ages.

Back