Since I had reasonable success with Kydex on one of the last rebuilds I really wanted a new deck plate for the Bell Rob Roy, my go to boat. I used the first wooden deck I built as a plug but was lazy and didn't add 3/4" pieces on the sides going vertical to help form the Kydex. I figure when I go to place it on the Bell I can heat it a bit to make it work. As usual there is not a plan just a roaming thought fueled by a can of liquid courage! Now here is an observation about this material and I am trying to keep the Carbon Fiber look clean is that when the heat hits it it takes on a shine on those heated parts, which my camera can't capture, so once installed I'll spend a few minutes heating the entire thing to keep that look consistent. The more I work with this stuff the more I like it. Once I get it on the Bell I'll post some more pics.