• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Pin "Hinges" on Wenonah Removable Yoke?

G

What are the pinned “hinges” on a Wenonah (and others) removable yoke called. That removable pin assemble must have a name.

And where can I buy some?

Yep. You have discovered that those Wenonah pinned hinges are.........hinges with pins. I used a set for a removable yoke on the center-seated Penobscot. When I ordered them, I thought they must be something special. When they arrived and I opened the package....hinges and pins. What the heck? Coulda got that from Home Depot!

they are called either hairpin cotter pins or hitch pin clips :https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-5-8-in-Zinc-Plated-Hitch-Pin-Clip-809638/204225888
metallics-everbilt-pins-rings-clips-809638-64_1000.jpg

Found hitch pins that fit near perfectly.

The removable pins in the hinges were a PITA to get in and out, even using a hammer and driver; the hitch pins are a tiny bit narrower and go in and out without a struggle.

We did not use door hinges, no need. The three hinges we used are not supporting much of the weight of the fold down platform bed and occupant; the wall end of the platform rests on a board bolted to the cargo wall and the outside corners are supported via cam straps up through the roof pillars, so the platform is angle adjustable for a sloping site.

Back