• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Philip Edward Island - canoeing Georgian Bay

Thanks for posting Wayne. Enjoyed it very much. I do like that spray cover. Maybe one day I'll spring for one. Look like the weather treated you well outside of being a tad chilly. I have to look up 6 degrees C and convert it to F to make sense to me. Nice TR!

dougd

That is a good short trip . We did it three years ago.. When we went the crowds were insane. Not always does one suffer from crowds though.. Doug D you would like it. Sort of Maineish . But without 13 foot tides and rockweed and lobster. And fresh water is a plus ( we have to carry water for island canoeing in Maine)

We managed to get lost way back in some bays..temporarily. I did like the intimacy of Collins Inlet and history is always a plus.

Four days is good. If you want to go to the Fox Islands make it five..

Oh for any USA people headed that way.
Crown Land Permits are not sold at Killarney either the park or the outfitter. You do need them. We were told to go to Sudbury. We knew Sudbury was out of them.. And North Bay was the next Service Ontario office. We tripped without which is not legal but it would have taken a whole day to procure permits
However they are available online..
https://www.ontario.ca/page/camping-crown-land#section-1

Back