• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

OTC & royalex

Reaction score
With Royalex gone, I see canoe manufacturers listing Royalex canoes 'While Supplies Last', and making replacement models with a different material. Old Town, however, says nothing about Royalex being a thing of the past, and still offering Royalex models. Does Old Town own a million sheets of Royalex? How are they still able to produce the Royalex models?

Some makers preordered sheet for their models last year when PolyOne announced they would stop making Royalex. I know that Wenonah ordered quite a bit. Mohawk got their order in too late and didn't get any, and I think that Mad River ordered little because they pulled their popular Outrage Royalex whitewater OC-1 from their web page early this year. Also, just because Old Town still has Royalex models on their website does not necessarily mean they have those in stock anymore.

OT has no Royalex models on their 2015 price sheets. They do have some left. I just received 2 RX Charles River 16s and a Camper today at the shop. Wenonah is out of some sheets for some models and also do not list any RX canoes in their 2015 catalog. When its gone its gone.
Dave

Back