• Happy Scream Day! 😱

Older than dirt

Reaction score
HI
From St, Croix not the Island. Got plans and book from Bear mountain and other books 20+ years back, at 78 now looked like a good time to start building. help help I am lost.
About 3 blocks east of St Croix.

lyle: I do not understand your post. If you need some kind of help for other than a canoe-related issue, this website forum is not the correct or effective place to ask for it. I do not intend to be harsh. If you need help, I sincerely hope you can find the proper assistance.

Hi Lyle. Welcome. Although your post seems a bit cryptic I think you are looking for help getting started on you build, finally. I suggest asking a specific question, there are many helpful builders on this sight but we need a starting point. Also the site history also as numerous build threads if you want to just start reading. Jim Dodd has a few as does stripperguy and others.
Jim

Hi Lyle. As I am (reasonably) certain that you're seeking building help rather than an uber, I'll second Boatman's suggestion. There is TONS of info in the build threads here and asking specific questions will get you as much info as you should require (even if the question has been asked & answered previously).

If I am wrong and you were seeking a SAR extraction, I hope you are alright. (note: an InReach is likely more effetive for future issues of that type).

PS: the site is populated by some really great people but it also has more than its share of smart-asses (sorry... not sorry.)

I am not a builder but want to know which St Croix. We have an island here in Maine by that name. There are places in the US by that name and also in Quebec. Of course every village in Quebec seems to begin with St.. ( now taking off the wiseguy hat).

If you can kind of steer the gurus in a direction by giving them a clue about what sort of help needed.

I see from the posts you have done before you may be building a strip canoe.

Back