• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

n'other new guy in Mass

Reaction score
Not really, lurking here I've seen several people from other forums.

Any way for those who I haven't met I'm retired from the Army and the Postal Service this year. I'm now working restoring an old house, maintaining the yard, doing the cooking, cleaning and trying to start a mushroom growing business. The shrooms kinda got put on hold as I am trying to drag SWMBO off to Maine, (For the Canoeing of course), which makes the house the priority.

I got hooked on canoeing '07 when I finally gave in to my cousins invitations to do the Allagash. After years of backpacking in the Whites of NH, I saw this big beautiful gear carrier and fell in love with it. My son, grandson and I have paddled the Allagash every year since with a different supporting cast every year. It's been a great way to watch my grandson grow up.

Not really, lurking here I've seen several people from other forums.

I am trying to drag SWMBO off to Maine, (For the Canoeing of course), which makes the house the priority.

Haha, I had to google SWMBO which is "she who must be obeyed", I love this interweb stuff. Too funny.

I'm in the same situation, wife still works, this morning she said "Don't work too hard, and have fun"

I said "of course I won't, and I will have fun, it's RETIREMENT!!!!" (of course this was after her car was a good distance out the driveway...) now, where did I leave the Pledge?

Back