• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

New Snowtrekker Canoe Tent?

Reaction score
Does anyone have information on this new Snowtrekker tent. I saw it mentioned on a video https://youtu.be/SvHd53_oGqY

Canadian Shield Canoe Tent

l36y9DbabB0Iye3dKqESgm17XtUJnKZpMhH7-WFs4l4Pmy3g9bKxXlpV_MQtAqkdgSfdeuhM1hxIeJlMuVHrwvlFWncILnMq3FsSihyzdCUVkiPpKuJc73LQkvaedw6OrcAnVyq-4mdM5Okdy-yPT6KmS_-F3IflY1Qu_UM66WOQszA8XbaujeDFLb1QZesJeCsESdNIGM-14958R8eWsh2pewUxhygBo4rX5QQuM5HqvuE5A6pn7lMo7tyzaYrrVbD1ybYWZ9-a0eWOYNtkKHxt3HfOaYp-5Eq-xT_jo6WxzIcFFvgQ_zvgsPlGXrz64dyigo6e1tJtr5IMlRlsryEFG_iXf3eSF7G9Qn13qQlMuMP6z-0Kx4Q0I8swieCze3TLksdYYTCc3Cw1VfMotZiMzMmhwEeiyOLb_MMHrxHOjtM0iA09-YqX8eCZ2V6zBa3HcaNpJt5TRSCr02cuaOcncIziT3BOCZnl8YSEZN3gXuV_VhGPb3pl1wyTbwDxqcFuDm2NHOgOtX-0ssPG45nVe9XGCpJgNXEbDRyYsJlcgnQu2h08ruUVbbjGfSaR1U_dm0SWvghaGjSgT2_ge01kVDAKtyaffW054PFbhZd5TAfKrtLwe6BWs-PxbX54onLNmRJxv3U5N6jfEEN4IOJGhB3VanQ=s225-no

Not much here but I did a quick search on google. I'm not on twitter or facebook so I couldn't open the links. Here is what the search pulled up::
[h=3]July 8, 2018 Snowtrekker Tents on Twitter: "Our Canadian Shield canoe tent just ...[/h] https://twitter.com/snowtrekkertent/status/1016049709046087680

[h=3]https://www.facebook.com/SnowtrekkerTents/[/h]
Rating: 4.8 - ‎13 votes Snowtrekker Tents, Solon Springs, WI. ... Snowtrekker Tents manufacture lightweight canvas tents for... ... Our Canadian Shield canoe tent just finalized -

I also saw those places to look, also not a fan of zuckerberg's face plant or the ravings on the other social media place, with my limited Google skills had to give up. Was hoping that their new tent might be a traditional wall tent made with light canvas, and light packable poles.
My first real tent was a small green wall tent from Sears. It spent summers of my youth pitched in a grove of White Spruce that protected our little Northern Minnesota farm from the cold NW wind coming from the prarries in winter. In summer the upstairs in the farm house was to hot and humid for sleep, the wall tent was a wonderful place to get a good nights sleep, so I slept there every night. My friends still remember how great sleepovers were at my place because they got to "camp out".
I still love the sleep I get in my wall tents, didn't know until recently that I had been "Glamping" on and off most of my life.

Okay, curiosity got the better of me so I called Snowtrekker. Talked to a lady who said feel free to post this here, so I will. The tent is still under development. They have produced two versions but want to be sure they have it the way they want it before it goes into production or shows up on the website. It is a two person crawl-in tent, higher in the front and lower in the back so there will be sitting height at the door. Smaller than their other tents obviously. They tested it in Woodland Caribou last year and with what they learned came up with the current version. I guess they will be testing in the field again this year. So there you have it.

Thanks for that info, although I don't own a Snowtrekker tent I like their products and was curious about a dedicated canoe tent. Thanks

Ellis canvas tents out of Colorado I believe is the only other company that uses the same canvas snowtrekker does and I think Ellis has a much better pole system, simple and quick to set up. I have used them in the BWCA and the Missouri breaks in Montana

Back