• Happy Sausage Pizza Day!🍕

New Savage River Solo Coming Soon

Well of course I'm kidding..... sorta.

I'm thinking.....what would it have been like in the Bowron if I could have induced a little rocker in the loaded down Solitude before leaving Isaac Lake? Maybe I would have ran the chute instead of lining it. Or what would it mean for an extended river/lake trip with a Merlin II? Would I spend more time in a single canoe with adjustable rocker than any other single canoe, given my usual haunts (local class 1,2, and lakes)?

Idunno. It's interesting to think about though.

Looking at the picture, 3 thwarts are adjustable.
I can see that in a stripper built, the horizontal strips would more readily allow such to happen, almost curving the whole hull. strippers I built years ago, one could easily adjust gunwale width.
Whereas in a canoe with foam ribs, I am not sure they would act in the same way. Rigid at specific points, flexing in between?
And the need for only a pedestal seat.
 
Back
Top Bottom