• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

New Purchase - Day Pack

Reaction score
Well I made it up to Midwest Mountaineering Expo in the Twin Cities yesterday and picked myself up a new CCS Rucksack. Been needing a new day pack as the one that I have was my original Boy Scout pack that I think I must have gotten around 1973 or 74. It has been sewn up several times.

Just like the rest of the gear I have from Dan, it is going to work out well….Quality is the finest and American Made.
I got the red and black one.

http://www.shop.cookecustomsewing.com/product.sc?productId=192

Also picked up a package of Dan’s reflective line to finish up tarp lines for my new Warbonnet Hammock.

Harlan from Solo Tripping was also there so I got to introduce myself to him.

That does look like a nice pack. I have been eye balling CCS packs. I am not sure what size I would like though. My first big trip is coming up in a couple of weeks. After that I will evaluate what my needs and wishes might be. I am thinking the Traditional 2 would work best.

Well my new CCS Rucksack worked so well on my trip to the BWCA last week that I just ordered a custom one for my August solo. Getting a sleeve on one side for my Wetterling Axe and one on the other side for my Sven saw. Also getting the map pocket like shown the link above to Portagekeeps custom pack.

My current rucksack along with my Ursack is going to be my food pack / cooking / water filter pack and the new one my gear / sleep system pack.

I may add the Warbonnet Blackbird Hammock, Superfly, and 20 deg Incubator Underquilt was GREAT!!!!! Slept better than I do at home.

Another CCS Rucksack.

Another CCS Rucksack.

Had Dan Cooke build me a true "custom" rucksack. I wanted a sleeve on one side for my Wetterling 20H ax, and a sleeve for my Sven 15" saw, and a map pocket.

I have my Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 hammock, Superfly tarp, a 10x10 CCS Tundra Tarp, two E-vent compression bags one for clothes and another that has my 20deg Burrow Topquilt with 2 oz. overfill, and and 20 deg Incubator Underquilt, my stake, tennis ball, and rope bag, Pelican 1050 camera case, rain gear and threw a few other things to fill it out a little more.

Love it

Attachments

• Custom1.jpg
    Custom1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 0
  • custom2.jpg
    custom2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • custom5.jpg
    custom5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
  • custom3.jpg
    custom3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 0
  • custom4.jpg
    custom4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 0
I really like the custom work Dan did for you. I nervously slide my Sven saw into my rucksack along with my axe, and often wish I had an outside leather bottomed pocket (with drain holes). That map pocket is a nice touch too.

That looks like a very nice daypack. I've been looking for a replacement for my old Eagle Creek daypack but I can't find one significantly better that has elastic mesh pockets on the sides. I use them for water bottles. Does the Cooke pack (or any in their line of packs) have such side pockets?

Back