• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

My mind is tired my originality is gone and tripping season is full on.

Reaction score
I need recipe ideas..

Help! Mountain House is not my friend.. I will dehydrate tonights crab and machengo cheese casserole though. Or might die doing so. the fat content is rather HIGH.

I have enjoyed a black bean (or lentil) , sweet potato stew. Multiple recipes exist online. Most will have meat, for dehydrated meals I skip the meat.

This summer I am going to try Chicken Helper with a can of chicken and use Ova Easy Egg Crystals to put a nice finish to Chicken Fried Rice in the bush. Dried chicken would lessen the weight.

I'm a fan of Mountain House, if only because its freeze-dried chicken is edible. My own version is not.

Last edited:
This summer I am going to try Chicken Helper with a can of chicken and use Ova Easy Egg Crystals to put a nice finish to Chicken Fried Rice in the bush. Dried chicken would lessen the weight.

Hi Marten, I bought the Ova Easy Eggs for the first time and have yet to try them. So what brand Chicken Fried Rice do you use and how do you add the Ova Easy? Any other ideas for Ova Easy to spice up quick Grocery Store meals? I don't dehydrate.
Thanks

Hi Marten, I bought the Ova Easy Eggs for the first time and have yet to try them. So what brand Chicken Fried Rice do you use and how do you add the Ova Easy? Any other ideas for Ova Easy to spice up quick Grocery Store meals? I don't dehydrate.
Thanks
I use Betty Crocker Chicken Helper. You will need to split the contents in two for solo. Their rice mix, water, seasoning packet and chicken are brought to a boil in saucepan. simmer until all water is absorbed. Push away from one side and cook the eggs in that spot. When done mix all together and enjoy.

I am new to Ova Easy Egg Crystals but tried some last week at home and am very impressed at how they are like fresh scrambled eggs. I found REI to have the best price I could find. They are $6.00 for a packet of a dozen egg equivalent. I bought 15 and got a discount to $5.40. Order was large enough to give free shipping and a tax of 1.10. They indicated a backorder with delivery within 30 days. The next day they arrived at the house from three different REI places.

I've used Ova Easy eggs in the past. Warning. While they taste fine, they have little bulk.. If you are happy with two tablespoons of meal fine. But they make a better binder as in onion and cheese and bacon omelet.

Back