• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Mosquito Cloaking Device

Hello Red, It sure sounds good, not sure how it will work in the field though. That "recreational" aspect; my skin is going to think it's party time and the rest of me is still gimping along?
It will be something to watch, the testing is pretty much in on DEET with gozillions of test subjects, I hope they really test these new chemicals well. Yep, they do this cloaking thing on the bugs but what else do they do?
A couple of quotes come to mind; from a TV add a long time ago "It's not nice to fool mother nature" (they were pitching a new margarine) and then there's the one from Jurassic Park "life finds a way" .

I hate to be a pessimist but really, I'm hard pressed to point to any modern discovery, that in the long haul hasn't some very serious negative implications.

Still and all though, interesting article and thanks for finding and sharing it!

Best Wishes, Rob

The part that intrigued me was that they were honing in on why some of us are bitten more than others and finding the chemical compounds within us that repels or mask our scent to mosquitoes.
Personally, I don't use bug dope at all. Haven't for maybe 10 years now. If I have to watch touching my tent after apply bug dope else the tent melt, maybe I shouldn't be rubbing it on my skin. I have found that I don't get any results with anything else either, so I stick with hard protection like clothing and avoiding scented anything.

Back