• Happy National Zipper Day (pat. 1913)! 🤐

magic seat height?

Jim, where do you source the long screws for the drops? I changed my Magic from the short drops to the long but could not find the 10-24 screws that were used on the shorts so I had to re drill to 1/4" to use the only screws that I could find that were long enough.

Ed's Canoe had the bolts, and the drops !

I'm glad I didn't shorten the bolts, as I did the drops.

I'll take the long ones. If no one wants the other set. I'll take them also, and pass them on to the next person that wants them.

I'll have three sets. I can be the storage depot, for Bell seat drops.

Jim, I cannot tell you how happy I am that that exchange worked out. I dodged a bullet in having DougD mail those first-found fugly drops to me. I have plenty of kindling for the wood stove Doug. At least run the edges through your router.

I really like the idea that friend Jsaults Bell drops will eventually find a proper home in an OEM Bell canoe restoration. Jim Saulters mailed those to me, me to DougD, an now Doug to Jim Dodd. Hopefully the short drops find an OEM home onward from there. JSaults would be so pleased.

I feel the need to throw DougD under the bus again. Jsaults sent me a Chosen Valley Canoe Accessories height adjustable seat back for bucket seats. I sent it to Doug. Doug somehow sent it back to me.

Screw that, I sent it back to Doug, who eventually procured the CVCA adaptors and instructions to make it work with either a bucket or bench seat. And never used it.

Gawd only knows if he could lay his hands on that long disused piece of gear. I would like to make him go searching his parts stashes if anyone knows and likes that CVCA seat back.

The downside of this whole exchange; I have committed to helping Doug reorganize his new shop this summer when he finally builds something larger and better insulated. With a man cave office, uber insulated enclosed in one shop corner.

I could use the short ones in my magic put it back to orig, thats what started this post.

I could use the short ones in my magic put it back to orig, thats what started this post.
Good ! Love it when things find a home ! If Doug doesn't them to you, I'll sent my set of short ones.

Jim

Just PM me your address Jaws.

Looking for them to arrive any day.

Jim

Jim and Jaws, Mike sent those to me a while back and I've had them a while. You might to give them a good coat of oil. They are in excellent shape but don't think it would hurt!

Thank you so much for the short drops in this order, Jim, Mike, Doug, Jim for passing them along to there righteous home in my Magic. cheers, JAWS

Back