• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

LightStream Projector - Free for presentations

Reaction score
Michael or Alan or whoever...this is not exactly canoe related, unless you are giving presentations. This is a ViewSonic LightStream PJD5 Series DLP Projector. It has only been used twice. It cost a few hundred dollars a few years ago.

I'm happy for it to find a new home. Just cover the shipping. Of course, I don't know if the projector is worth the price of shipping these days. But I thought I would offer it to one of you all who do these kinds of presentations before I take it to the Goodwill.

It projects your photos from your computer onto a screen for live presentations.

Erica,

I don’t want to be presumptuous, but I think you’re referring to me when you say Michael. Lately, all the places we give presentations to have their own projection equipment. So we probably don’t need our own. But you never know. Depending on where you live, I think the shipping and duty would be more than a hundred dollars. Amazon ships those projectors for free. So it’s probably not worth it. Sorry, but thanks for thinking of me. Where do you live?

There's one on eBay for $450 + $60 shipping. Erica, you could probably get a good price on that equipment if you advertised it on some more relevant place.

$450?! Heck, that's 20% of another canoe! (I'm thinking of lobbying for "the canoe" to be a new worldwide base currency... Kind of like the gold standard used to be except more fun to own than gold and considerably lighter) ;)

I had no idea anyone would want to pay real money for it. I don't think I paid that much for it new.

Michael, yes I did mean you.

I'll still probably just pack it up for Goodwill.

That model is under $200 on Amazon, with free shipping. Where do you live, Erica? When you paddle the Upper Liard this summer, there might be some place where you could drop it off, and we could pick it up on our way back from Yellowknife.

I am in south central Florida. I would be flying into Whitehorse if I do the Liard. I wish there were some way to get it to you.

Erica,

We have a friend, Graham, who lives in Whitehorse, who is the brother of a very good friend of ours who lives only 3.5 hours away from us. If you could somehow arrange to get the projector to Graham, it would certainly reach us eventually. I don’t want you to go to too much trouble though. Certainly wouldn’t want you to be distracted from your Upper Liard adventure!

Last edited:
Erica,

my last suggestion seems like a lot of effort to place on you. Maybe it would not be as expensive as i think to mail the projector. Would you like me to give you my address to see how much it would cost to ship to me?

Sure. Why don’t you PM me and we’ll see what we can work out..

Back