• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Light Blue Old Town Canoe From CT

G

Hi All,

I've been helping out on the technical side for a week or two. Though I also wanted to introduce myself as a fellow paddler. My wife and I got married and bought our first house in central CT. Though I grew up in the Northwest corner and have been living here for 14 years or so. I was born in Canada and would love to take a trip on one of those rivers too.

I learned to paddle at boy scout camp and enjoy quick little trips down the Farmington. Ever since discovering this site, I've been getting excited to plan our first overnight trip. It seems like the perfect mix of planning, gear, exploration, history, etc.

-John

Attachments

• photo440.jpg
    photo440.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
Fiberglass classic Old Town? Its great to have a fellow paddler be the IT person..
Though we did our one week a year Canadian canoe trip, until we moved to CT in 1983 we weren't that heavy into it. Then we moved to a house near good water...until our escape in 2000 to Maine

Remember still achy from doing 11 miles in 1:40 on the Farmington River in a recreational race!

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's really exciting to find a community of paddlers and to hear that you got more into it after morning to CT.

I'm excited to go on a trip to tell everyone about it. It's so inspiring to see the trip reports on this site.

Welcome. I'm in Connecticut, too -- the southeast corner of the northwest corner.

There are several paddling clubs in Connecticut, all of which now use Meetup to schedule trips (which has no user manual):

- Appalachian Mountain Club

- Hartford County Rivers and CT Shore Area Kayak Club

- New Haven and Fairfield County Kayak Club

- ConnYak - CT Seakayakers

- Housatonic Valley Paddle Club

Some of them may have even seen a canoe once or twice in their youths in the 1950's.

Welcome from a native CT guy now in Maryland. Thanks for your help. You may have figured out that we are a small but passionate community here that love this site for what we get and for what we can contribute to it.
Dave

Yeah, thanks John. You may have already figured it out ,but just in case; calm waters flow both sides of the border. Both flags fly over canoe routes and canoe people. Thanks for fixing our mutual IT problems. Welcome. Any coloured canoe is the right colour.

Yeah, thanks John. You may have already figured it out ,but just in case; calm waters flow both sides of the border. Both flags fly over canoe routes and canoe people. Thanks for fixing our mutual IT problems. Welcome. Any coloured canoe is the right colour.

I changed my mind. I wanna "like" button.

Ha... We really could bring back the like button if you want...;-)

Do you need a petition? :)

Also, how about a button that enables one to dim the titles of posts already viewed (on the "Today's Posts" page)?

Are the photos any larger now? I added a setting last week that should raise the limit.

-John

Back