• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Late 1930's Canadian Canoe Company "Habitant" ~~SOLD~~

Thanks for the great visit Karin. I learned a lot today. About a ½ hour from your place I reintroduced the boat to the water on the Whitemud River at Westbourne. Paddled about an hour upriver from the bridge on #16 and then coasted back down. This is my new favourite boat. I love the way it handles. You did a fantastic job on it!

I don't know what kind of fish are in there but there were huge ones jumping all over the place. One actually thumped the bottom of the boat. Scared the bejesus out of me!!

Daryl

That's a beautiful canoe, looks similar to a Pal, mine has narrow ribs though. That picture of it rolled over shows a very nice hull, nice job on the restoration. The decks are much nicer than anything you would find on a Pal, and I like the gunnels, have that Prospector look.

I bet those fish where just surprised, wood canvas paddles so quietly.;)

I love this canoe. Mihun and Iskweo might be tired of hearing me saying that, every time they post photos of their restorations, but I never get tired of loving those canoes, and saying so. Thanks for posting a pic of it on the water Qayaq. I love this canoe.

Really good to see it on the water again, it was a very long time from finishing to her getting wet again. I love giving tours and talking boats!

Now I need to find some white spruce so I can get back to the Morris. Work on the Morris and build a stripper this Winter...

Once again, the satisfaction of completing a boat and sending it down the road to someone who will appreciate and enjoy the boat on the water has me hating my day job and wishing I could just do this.

Back