• Happy Scream Day! 😱

Kokatat dry suit

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shout out to this company's service department. I used my full drytsuit (app 8 y/o) on a NJ trip in December of last year. Somehow when I was taking the suit off the laytex neck gasket tore. Yes I did my best spraying stuff on it, forgot what it was called. I wanted to have the "real McCoy" repair it and I understood the cost, app $80, reasonable. After a few days the company contacted me to explain about another problem, oh no! Trask at repairs mentioned that the suit was coming apart internally, "oh no, I'm thinking." "But David, the good news is that it's under warranty and we are replacing the full dry suit with booties for free!" he says. "Oh man, thanks a lot Trask!" I mention back. "Hey, what color do you want?, red, yellow?" "I'll take the Yellow please"
Well today in the mail wrapped up in clear plastic is my new yellow gortex drysuit! I hope to get out in a few weeks to check out the seals swimming around the South Shore of Long Island here. And probably wear it when I meet up with Robin and paddle those "sketchy" spots on those CT rivers. He will definitely spot me now when I swim by him in my new yellow Kokatat suit! Thanks again Kokatat!

Nice story, that's standing behind your product. One question. Is this what you will look like when we do the flatwater section of the north Housatonic with hot tents? Not quiet wool and suspenders..haha

31783-10929334.jpg

HaHa! Pretty much but I think the pants part is black and minus the yellow cap, maybe what the kids call a Minon? Those goofy yellow one eyed cartoon guys. yep, that will be me!

Kokatat are the best! They make the only dry suit I will buy! I had already 2 of them and they are great! In the summer up here we pretty much live in our dry suit when ww paddling!

I won't buy any other brand either. You can get much, much cheaper suits now (as low as 200 USD), but Kokatat stands behind their suits like none other. I had a friend whose Goretex suit--after 12 YEARS of paddling--started delaminating, so he sent it to Kokatat not really sure if anything could be done. They told him nothing could be done about the seperating material, sent him his OLD suit back and included a brand new suit. After twelve years! His son is still using the old one.

I have had a Kokotat for almost 20 years. That said with my current budget I would buy a Mythic in a heartbeat.. The company is owned by a friend of mine here in Maine and the suits, while lacking some frills are a very good.. and yet durable purchase. However they arent intended for every day use as sea kayak guides may do here in cold water year round. They are good for the paddler who occasionally needs a drysuit. https://www.mythicdrysuits.com/pages/about-mythic-gear

Bob believes EVERY paddler ought to be able to afford a drysuit. I got my Kokotat from Ken Fink who long ago sold them at cost for the very same reason. This got him into hot water with Kokotat so he had to stop.. My Gore Tex drysuit was $400 back in 1998

the one I knew lived in Maine in South Bristol and ran Poseidon Kayak imports. I don't know he may have moved.

Back