• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Interesting new idea for loading a canoe

That look great and made in Canada.... 400lbs, that would be great for a square stern freighter canoe!!

Rats. I thought it was going to be about how to load a canoe. You know, so you don't fall in the water.

On another note, how do you get the canoe on/off the rack?

Pretty neat idea and would eliminate a trailer for smaller fishing boats. Would work for canoes too but a bit of overkill unless you had a beasty big ole Huron or Royalex monster that was too heavy to man handle.
We have one of those ones that goes in the trailer hitch, you put the bow onto a Tbar and then it pivots as you walk it to the front of the vehicle. Not ideal but useful if you got the hang of it. We have never used it.

Christy

Maybe once you get it straight up you climb the frame and untie the top. Of course then you need a few people on the bottom to keep the nose from driving into the pavement.

I'm sure this has some great applications but until I see a full load out of a boat I don't think it's a practical idea.

Maybe once you get it straight up you climb the frame and untie the top. Of course then you need a few people on the bottom to keep the nose from driving into the pavement.

I'm sure this has some great applications but until I see a full load out of a boat I don't think it's a practical idea.

I agree, it looks like an overly complex solution in search of a problem to me.

You climb in the box, untie the front, lift the thing, untie the bottom, and you are set, reverse all that to tie on. Simple. I mean the same as when you tie a canoe on a truck rack, to do the front, you most likely have to climb in the box. other than if you have a great reach like I do(6'2" tall, wing span of 79")...

It would simplify two boats for me. I shuck my shoes and walk up the hood of my SUV to get to the center eye bolt to attach the ratchet straps to. It is Canadian made which just makes it cheaper for Americans too with how our dollar is. If the thing goes flat on the ground behind the vehicle it might be better than trying to load anything on it's nose vertically. Looks like a pain to get long skinny things on and off. He has sold four locally in Thunder Bay where he hails from.

Back