• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

Interesting little documentary!!

Those guys remind me of my brother in laws, except for the " dont mind the hard work" part. Check out the hip waders too. Love it.

Christy

Another example of "highly educated people, almost completely (Privileged) white..." folk as Prof Dean would say.

Nice video, Thanks

Yes hip waders are really part of the northern quebec and labrador attire... I like how they use there axe and gun as cane/walking stick. The wall tente is interesting to with the chimney coming out at the top of the door!

Always interesting to see "old" documentary like that...

Thanks !
As a young lad I dreamed of being a wilderness trapper.

Enjoyed this video very much this evening !

Jim

Thanks for posting, a great story.
Reminded me of Elliot Merrick's classic book, "True North".

-wjmc

Wow ! Thanks Canotrouge ! That ranks right up there in the best canoe films in my book . His comment " You are your own Man " says it all . We should make a catalog of must see films for those long winter nights !

That was a good movie. Thanks for the link. That one guy needed subtitles but I got the message he's a lot tougher than I could ever had hoped to be. I have the exact Old Town canoe they had, it weighs a ton

Wow ! Thanks Canotrouge ! That ranks right up there in the best canoe films in my book . His comment " You are your own Man " says it all . We should make a catalog of must see films for those long winter nights !

A catalog is a great idea!! There is a few good one on the NFB site!

We should make a catalog of must see films for those long winter nights !

Second that idea!

A catalog of links to some select canoe videos would be a valuable assemblage, and entertaining over the winter months. Just a short description of the video and a link, maybe with some helpful categorization; Tripping videos, how-to, technique and DIY videos, etc.

Back