• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

I like the new photos

Thanks, it's a work in progress and getting better. I like the front page, Thanks Memaquay for that nice picture of his high school's Outters Club canoe trip.
The forum page will get better with some ideas for that empty green spot next to the canoe. Also a new picture monthly if all goes well.

Nice Work Robin! I too like the new photos. About that green box: surely somewhere there is a lyrical description of a canoe? Or maybe we could make our own? Without beating anyone over the head; but if you've got a boat that's 45" wide and weights 120 pounds, after reading the description they know beyond any further discussion that it's not a canoe.
Perhaps there's not room enough for that in the green box, it will be interesting to see what others come up with.

Best Wishes,

Rob

Better than a good idea Yellow Canoe!! The things you find are flat out amazing! We ought to call you "She who knows all things (or can find them double quick!)"

By the by; that checking the "remember me" box works slick! Thanks!

Best Wishes,

Rob

I think Oldie has some good Moldyisms in his head! I like your posts with my morning coffee. (No way can I stay awake till you post at night!)

The forum page will get better with some ideas for that empty green spot next to the canoe.

How about a link to Facebook, Amazon, and/or Twitter?

Just kidding... I am so glad there is NOT such a link...

I'm liking the new look too! I gotta say after frequenting many canoe sites, this is my favourite. Such a wide diversity of people, and everyone is so friendly! I really enjoy reading the American trip reports so much....as much as I love my area, another jackpine hanging out over a granite point can get kind of repetitive. Jbull's latest report was awesome....I had never realized before there was so much canoeing in the states! Thanks so much Robin!

I didn't realize there was more than 1 photo as the header, awesome! I've come to rely on YC's endless knowledge at her fingertips, Oldie's sage insights, and everyone's humour and experience. I can only repeat what's known and been said, my morning coffee and my evening wee dram are incomplete without this connection to this canoeing community. My/our community, if I may say so.
I love the Pauline J poem in YC's link.

Last edited:
I didn't realize there was more than 1 photo as the header, awesome! I've come to rely on YC's endless knowledge at her fingertips, Oldie's sage insights, and everyone's humour and experience. I can only repeat what's known and been said, my morning coffee and my evening wee dram are incomplete without this connection to this canoeing community. My community, if I may say so.

Endless knowledge LOL.. as in what your grannie said? Experience or let's just call it survival is a great teacher. I usually learn something from doing it wrong in the first place. (I have to go back to making my daily contribution to the error thread..I am not done!) I think that having a big communal campfire is what Robin was aiming for when he was thrust into duty :)

Sorry YC, I didn't mean to lump you into the same group as my dear old grannie. LOL! She was spry and hard as nails, and Presbyterian to the core. All 5' of her. Can you roll your rrrr's lassie? LOL. I didn't mean to cheerlead, only to thank. Sorry. I'll set aside the bottle, and set up the coffee machine for tomorrow. And yes, the campfire here is good.

Sorry YC, I didn't mean to lump you into the same group as my dear old grannie. LOL! She was spry and hard as nails, and Presbyterian to the core. All 5' of her. Can you roll your rrrr's lassie? LOL. I didn't mean to cheerlead, only to thank. Sorry. I'll set aside the bottle, and set up the coffee machine for tomorrow. And yes, the campfire here is good.

Break open another wee one. I am a grannie and unashamed..:)

Ha!! You're too much! I'm married to a grannie. Come to think of it, she's 5' too! I don't try the iron nail hardness test thing, I know which side ma scone's a' buttered on!:)

Last edited:
Robin, is that your Chestnut PAL in the picture?

Yes, 16' Chestnut Pal, at Woodland Caribou Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada 3 years ago.

Is it me or did that picture get bigger the last few days? I think it started out much smaller.

I really like the front page picture, although very few folks see it after they become members, most go right to this page then.

I don't know what it looked like before yesterday but can say I find it very pleasing to the eye. I appreciate a good photo.

Back