• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

I have strips ready to go ! What to build ?

FT, we aren't actually that far apart ... if you wanted to arrange taking mine out, I am sure we could arrange a time pretty easy.

Brian

The plans i got from Stewart River are for a stripper. Didn't use them, they are unused, just sayin.........

The Fish Dance looks cool ! I am salivating after looking through those photos ! But I'm not sure I'd get that much use out of it around here !

Thanks Mem !!!

Black pearl's got a great ring to it, I think it would be a great name for a boat. Aren't black pearls rare and very valuable? What are the specs on your boat Jim. I'm looking for a 15' day paddler to build with 3/16" strips and laminated 1/2" gunnels to try to get the weight down to the mid 30's. Have been thinking of a Merlin shortened to 15 with rocker added to 1.5 bow and .75 in the stern but your pearl design might be another option.
Hi Wingnut

I was pouring over plans today. The Merlin, as designed by Bruce Kunz, is a sweet canoe ! The only complaint, is that it's hard to turn. Bruce designed it for lake travel, and it has a straight keel. Either rockering the hull, or just the stems should improve handling !

How close to Iowa do you live ! Maybe we could hook up for a paddle ?

The 38 is pulling at my heart also, and it would serve great as a tripper !

Right now I'll say it's between Pearl and 38 !

Well, the question has to be asked....Alan was kind enough to design a canoe for me....maybe if i get time this year......why not a Gage original?

Well, the question has to be asked....Alan was kind enough to design a canoe for me....maybe if i get time this year......why not a Gage original?
Alan can design ! I remember a year or so back standing in amazement as he brought to life canoe designs on his computer !
He can also take them from paper, to paddling as quick as anyone I know !

I just may enlist his aid when Winter sets in ! I'll go up and help him cut wood !
Now that he has his Saw mill going, and if I can find some Cedar poles to cut ! Who Knows ?

Back