• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Historical Fiction Recommendations

PS.... not commenting on Mr. MacGrady's NYT reference but it did remind me of an absolutely first-class historical drama seen recently, The Post, with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks, directed by Spielberg. Covers the Washington Post's attempts to uncover the truth behind the US involvement in the Viet Nam war and the Nixon administration's coverups and lying. Very political film and effective... don't discuss here.

DaveO, your assumption is totally incorrect. I haven't read a NYT editorial in decades, was not referring to them, don't know what they say, but assume they are opinions about current events and not about history, which I understand to be the topic. I consider most history written by most journalists in most newspapers -- whether it be about biography, science, medicine, canoeing, military events, or many other things -- to be superficial, inaccurate, incomplete and hence in a sense fictional. Thus, I could have used the name of any newspaper as an example. But it was just meant as sarcasm and I'll drop it.

Back