• Happy Peace Officers Memorial Day! 👮🏽‍♂️👮‍♀️

Here is wannigan number two.

Ok that is great, I need to check the weight of mine, good work on a great looking wanigan I want to built an other one this winter, I might have access to a later cuter, so I'm thinking box joint and no epoxy filet, but assemble with epoxy. Anyway, good work!

I tried to do box joints but failed miserably. I am not about to spend $200 on a dado stack to put on my $99 saw. Lol anyways, I set up a jig for my router and even with a new bit, I had way to much tear out. Not on every pass put a few places where the 1/4" ply must have had weak spots. On a few passes, the whole inside blew out but the outer layer remained intact. Probably doing something wrong. Either way I shelved that idea after aboutt 6 test pieces, four runs on each!

Jason

1/2 the weight and most likely 1/2 the time it took to build the 1st. Looks great.

Yeah, it went much quicker the second time around! On the first one there was no plan, I was kinda making it up as I went along. Also reading and re reading the posts here and other forums/blogs trying to adapt them to meet my needs.

Nice job, I like the way you made the lid.

fetch

Back