• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Help identifying Wenonah Adirondack

I contacted Wenonah and they were great, told me that it is most likely Tuff-weave. We talked boats for awhile. While he couldn't give me the exact boat details as it was too old, we went over it well enough. I'm starting to think about a lighter boat, as this particular canoe was only 51 pounds, but it still felt heavy. The main obstacle is that the consignment store won't allow for a test run. Without being able to lift it on the car, and see how it performs in the water I'm a bit leery about buying it. So I'll look around a bit more. We've decided to keep our Old Town Discovery 169 and use it for more challenging runs when we have extra couples to help load and unload. Once we're on the river we're fine. Thank you for all the suggestions.

If you put this HIN in the site below, it will tell you that is is a Wenonah manufactured in November 1997 for the 1998 model year.

Yep, that worked. Thanks Glenn.

I've been now looking for a used Wenonah ultralight Kevlar or comparable canoe, 16-17', near me in Corvallis, Oregon. Haven't found anything yet. $4,000 is out of my range for a new one. If anyone sees something, I'd appreciate hearing about it. thanks.

This should be very light.
Thank you I like this better. I'll call and see if he is open to letting us try it out. What do you think of the price. New right now is $3,149.

Late to this party, but I've got an Adirondack in "Kevlar". Serial number starts with MW. Weighs 55 lbs.

Thanks to everyone for your advice and help. I found a Tuf-weave Spirit II that had only been used once. It is easy for my wife and I to load, even on our Highlander. And it paddles so much better than our Old Town Discovery. We are still keeping the Old Town for any rougher and rockier river trips and will count on another couple to help us load and unload it. We did travel 2 hours to try out the ultra-lights. They were really amazing, but out of our price range right now. I think that Glenn and Nick's recommendations are right on, and we'll keep our eyes out for an used ultralight, but glad that we can keep canoeing with our new Spirit II.

I had a Spirit II in royalex. You will be very happy with that boat I think. Definitely a step up from the Disco.

Thanks to everyone for your advice and help. I found a Tuf-weave Spirit II that had only been used once. It is easy for my wife and I to load, even on our Highlander. And it paddles so much better than our Old Town Discovery.

Congrats. Show us some pictures when you get a chance.

Back