• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Hello There

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I'm a retired guy, started boating in the Summer of 1972 with my father. I do not have much experience canoe tripping. My career, (and his, he has passed), has been on white water C1, C2, OC1, OC2.

I have had some great partners over the years, including your own Glenn MacGrady, I figure for almost a decade.

You appear to have a fine and diverse community here.

See you around.

Tom, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! We look forward to your participation in our canoe community, not only for your vast whitewater experience but for any of our discussions on gear, outfitting or just general palaver.

Indeed, Tom was one of my closest whitewater buddies, frequent tandem partner, fellow trip leader and fellow instructor for over a decade with the Appalachian Mountain Club in New England and our own personal adventures. He jilted me to get married in the early 90's and moved to North Carolina and became a canoe instructor at the Nantahala Outdoor Center, a raft guide, and several other things.

This has been an interesting and nostalgic membership week for me. My wife of almost 52 years (maggie) joined as the 2000th member after lurking for a year and helping with the "National Day" notices. Then, TomP joined as member 2002. Finally, my very first canoe partner from my 1979-82 years in northern California joined yesterday as member 2005. I feel old but blessed with good memories.

Back