• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from the Netherlands!

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here, happy to find a canoe forum exists.

I'm Dutch and we're very good at skating and cycling but you won't find many open (Canadian) canoes here, sadly.
I just bought a second/third hand one (and posted a help thread because it's.. Not ok) in hopes of canoeing the waters of our national parks and enjoying the quiet.

I've learned a lot about technique and equipment in the past weeks (it was very dirty and cleaning took a while) and hope to pick up even more knowledge here!

Alwin

Alwin, I welcomed you to site membership in your "osmosis bumps" help thread, but will do so again here. We used to have an active poster from the Netherlands who, as I recall, paddled an imported Canadian or American canoe.

Hey all, I'm new here, happy to find a canoe forum exists.

I'm Dutch and we're very good at skating and cycling but you won't find many open (Canadian) canoes here, sadly.
I just bought a second/third hand one (and posted a help thread because it's.. Not ok) in hopes of canoeing the waters of our national parks and enjoying the quiet.

I've learned a lot about technique and equipment in the past weeks (it was very dirty and cleaning took a while) and hope to pick up even more knowledge here!

Alwin
Hallo Alwin, there is a canoemeeting in September 11. It is not far away from Groningen. It is in Ossenzil perhaps we meeting there.

Hallo Alwin, there is a canoemeeting in September 11. It is not far away from Groningen. It is in Ossenzil perhaps we meeting there.

Hobonobbi, I'd like to welcome you, too, to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please consider adding your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is in many ways a geographic sport. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Back