• Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🇲🇽🎸💃🪅🌶️

Headwaters Canoe news video

Good looking shop with great looking canoes. I remember seeing that 59 day trip video before, but forgot who, where etc. Spectacular and stunning scenery. Some fun and exciting water too. Thanks Robin. Really nice videos.

Thanks Robin. I have had a love affair with Alaska since the 1970s. I have often thought of paddling the northern rivers and especially the Yukon. I have been too distracted by working in the bush, ferry cruises and backpacking the Chilkoot Trail. The group was very conservative in their video which makes complete sense in cold water a long way from more supplies and equipment.

Robin,
I think I spotted a cold handle frying pan at minute 3:00 but I could be wrong.

Sure looks like a cold handle frying pan, different name which I can't read, but it's a cold handle. Good eye, mine was fixed on the pizza...haha

Dag-gum ya Robin! As much as I love to watch those videos, they are killing me man!! My goodness I miss the back country - those videos from Headwaters are killing me! So far it has been an easy, yet still long winter. I long for a trip in my canoe ... oh well, so it is living in the north.

Bob.

Hugh is a great guy. I had the pleasure of visiting Hugh last spring to pick up the 16' Prospector that he and his great crew of young folks built for me. Hugh owns an original Chestnut building form for the 16' Prospector "Fort" model. Here is a shot of the early stages of my canoe being built on that form.

Headwaters 2.JPG

For the US folks on the board be aware that the exchange rate right now is at about 20%! Something to think about, eh? I banged my new boat down a little traveled tributary of the St. John in Maine last spring. Banged being the operative word. The water was way too low. Battle scars galore. Hugh would be proud. He will have it back in a few years to repair some of the damage. My canoes are not babied, although this year will likely be a nice gentle float on the Allagash.

I may order a 17 foot prospector next year if I can put the $ together.

Last edited:
Great videos, I saw the 59 days video in the past to, and really enjoyed it!! Love wood canvas canoe, but alas I don't own one. I working at fixing that, I plan on going to help built a Kildonan Timber Cruiser next fall, mainly for moose hunting purpose, but probably will become my man canoe!! Some time I wish I would live somewhere where they would be more "abundant" so I could get a used one or two...

Back