• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Happy National………Day

Clever use of icons for 'National Popcorn Day', Glenn. Took me a moment to figure out what the arrow was for.

Alan

Whoa! Today is NOT National Pie Day.. That is 3/14 the day before the Ides of March..

You are excused if you are skinny: you may celebrate twice.

This I Pie you are thinking of Pi and why not have two days to celebrate pies.
Does home made chicken pot pie count? That’s for dinner in this house tonight, homemade of course.
Jim

This I Pie you are thinking of Pi and why not have two days to celebrate pies.
Does home made chicken pot pie count? That’s for dinner in this house tonight, homemade of course.
Jim
if it weren't for a touch of snow, I would be over.. I love to judge chicken pot pies... It's that kind of day.. Much better than the B and M baked beans I had as part of dinner tonight.. Disgusting.. Mostly liquid.. That's what happens when a product is bought out and leaves Maine.

Here is my pie for the day. In the cast iron pan.
Hmm... that looks good. Cast iron pan, so it's possible to do on a fire (and some here seem to be wilderness gourmets)... seems a recipe thread might be in order in you are so inclined.

(But I agree with YC; 3/14 is national pie day and, unfortunately, my waistline [especially in winter] seem unforgiving of multiple pies on any particular day)

Tom Lehrer's "The Elements," to the tune of Gilbert and Sullivan's "I am the Very Model of a Modern Major General."

Haha! Thanks, UC2. I hadn't heard that clever takeoff in years.

I merged this post into this thread. For everyone's info, all posts about the National Day notices should be centralized in this one thread.

Random fact for National Umbrella Day. My great grandfather patented the little part that lets the braces pivot against the ribs when you open one up. Chances are you've got a little piece of my family history in your house.

Back