• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Happy National………Day

I way prefer National No Bra Day and for some of us National Fossil Day
Yes those are things for today Oct 13.

I way prefer National No Bra Day and for some of us National Fossil Day
Yes those are things for today Oct 13.

Yes, sometimes these earth-shaking daily decisions are difficult choices, but that's why I'm paid the big bucks. I do sometimes favor memories from my childhood. Actually, all the daily notices are saved and I've sometimes saved two or three choices for each date for possible use in the future (or not).

The solstices, equinoxes and seasons are determed by the Earth's 23.5° tilt (or declination) on its rotational axis as the Earth revolves around the sun in an elliptical orbit. The perihelion and aphelion occur when the Earth is closest and furthest away from the sun in that elliptical orbit. These geometric movement phenomena are mathematically connected but not identical with each other. Perihelion usually occurs about two weeks after winter solstice.

Almost all of these Day things have nothing to do with canoe tripping or anything else that I am interested in. So, I don’t look at it, except by accident.

Guessing Glenn couldn’t find a worthy event for today??? Though his past efforts testify that he is quite assiduous in his research 🧐 😄

Love having you on the forum, Ruttrowe. You're free to have opinions about site subject matter. I'm especially sentimental about anyone and anything from Oxford County, Maine, where I grew up every summer from age 5-18, where I learned canoeing on North Pond, where my grandfolks went "big" grocery shopping in Norway, and where I later bought my wife's wedding ring at Perham's at Trap Corner.

The Happy notices of the day can be deleted by clicking the x box. When I put official site announcements in that block, which I have in the past and will in the future, I will usually make them non-deletable.

I tried it just to see and it only closes that window for that view it seemed. Came back and it was there. Don't bother me.

If I delete the notice when logged in, it stays deleted if I stay logged in. If I log out the notice comes back. But if I delete it again when logged out, it seems to stay deleted even logged out. Never really experimented with it before.

Well, think I'll leave well enough alone. I suspect after I deleted it I went "back" and undid it.

I'm looking forward to March 26!

I deleted while not logged in. It disappeared and never came back. I logged in, and still no notice. I closed canoetripping and then reopened. No notice. I logged in, but still no notice. I miss it and want it back!

You can get dismissed notices back. Go to your Profile>Preferences>Privacy Options>check box for Restore Dismissed Notices.

Back