• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas, all!
Hoping Santa left everyone some paddling gear under the tree this year!

Ho, Ho, Ho. Or Fa La La La La. Or Phbbbbtttt! to my freezing friends in the frozen north country. I had the shop garage door and windows open yesterday and washed a canoe on the sunny back deck. Christmas Day it is currently 61F.

After a Hobbit’s second breakfast, after exchanging gifts (More clamps. New lithium batteries for shop tools. Books!), but before Elevensies, it was time for a December Indian summer shop floor cleaning and minor reorganization; exhaust fans running, doors and windows open to evacuate unspeakable dust creation from sorting through haven’t-touched-that-pile in a year reorganizations. AKA, getting ready for winter, these balmy temp won’t last.

My Christmas miracle was finding some fun, forgotten stuff in the reorganization and sorting. Always do. I even culled through the box labeled “JUNK ROPE” and threw away the too short or too decayed pieces. Sorry Doug, no gift bag of crap rope stuffed under the passenger seat next visit.

Christmas Day, presents unwrapped, family at home and quietly reading, I have everything I need. Hope y’alls day has been equally satisfying.

ok... While not exactly "canoe country", PA is certainly well represented on this thread so I felt the need to pile on... Sure hope Christmas was merry and 2022 is not "2020 too" for any of us. Godspeed to all and to all a good night.

Bring evergreens into the house to make sure the sun comes back.
It is with great satisfaction that I watch the rain and snow continue.
The rivers are flowing, the reservoirs are filling and fire danger is being reduced to a low level.
I give thanks to the Creator.
Get in touch with family and friends and tell them you love them.

Merry Christmas to all, happy new year! My children with their significant others came home to visit this year … even my Grand Dog came to visit. Having our home filled again, the sounds of laughter, sharing meals … the best present ever!!

Tomorrow, my 2 dogs and I will roam the timber, then sit by the wood stove for a well deserved nap … and I am going dream about having my kids home with me again.

Safe Travels, safe Holidays to all.

Bob.

Frohe Weihnachten! from Sunn... well, actually rainy northern California. We had all kinds of paddle plans for the past few days, but the rain is quite welcome to assure a good snow pack and hopefully full reservoirs, lakes and streams next year. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Back