• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Greetings from Chatham, Ontario

Reaction score
Hello , my name is Rob Van Acker . I have been canoeing since I was about 12 and have build cedar canvas canoes for the past 13 yrs. Canoe tripping is a passion that I am passing on to my grandkids and I am currently thinking about restarting the failed canoe club here. I look forward to meeting others here and adding my bit of knowledge to this community.

Rob, welcome to site membership!

Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. How to do that, and how to use many other of the site's technical features, are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Welcome, Rob
I’ll echo the call for pics of those boats that you build.
As you probably already know, there’s a large contingent of builders here, looking forward to see your stuff.

It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance!
I cut my paddling teeth on the Sydenham River in the Croton area. Its many years later and still no know side effects of swimming in its “majestic” waters.

Back