• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Greetings from Beautiful British Columbia!

G

Hello all,
Just stumbled across this site and had to join right away. My hubby introduced me to canoeing many years ago but I didn't really catch the bug until we did our first canoe tripping adventure on the Bowron Lakes Canoe Circuit about 8 years ago. We often go out for day trips but my love is multi-day canoe tripping. We've done multi-day trips in quite a few areas out our way. Naming a few includes the Teslin and Yukon Rivers, the Nation Lakes canoe route, North Thompson River, the Green River in Utah, and Sechelt Inlet. We have 2 canoes, a Chestnut Propector (cedar strip that was one of the last ones that came out of the Oromocto plant in NB) that is pretty much in mint condition, and a Hellman Prospector - Duralite (these are built in Nelson BC - great canoes by the way).

We have always been outdoorsy people, enjoying car camping, hiking, and backpacking. In the winter we like to go snowshoeing as well as go downhill skiing. The only problem is there is never enough time to do everything we like to do.....work always seems to get in the way. lol

Looking forward to sharing and learning with you. And perhaps even paddle with you!

My favorite quote:
"What sets a canoeing expeditions apart is that it purifies you more rapidly and inescapably than any other travel. Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred miles on a bicycle and you remain basically bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau

Cheers!

Attachments

• photo502.jpg
    photo502.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo503.jpg
    photo503.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo504.jpg
    photo504.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 1
Welcome, You have seen some beautiful country, nice canoes too, got to love those Chestnuts

Back