• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

Good Morning . Idle chat about your morning, your weather, your plans for the day.

It is always a great pleasure to read the writings of the exceedingly great people who wish everyone well in my favourite online forums namely www.tractorbynet.com, www.homesteadingtoday.com and www.canoetripping.net

To open up and share their experiences, write of the things they did right and the mistakes they made is a testimony of their maturity. These words they share reminds me that most of the population is good. Unfortunately, at least part of the 1 percent of the population that hold 99 percent of the money and power, creates the most problems. This statement is just in general and not pointed towards anyone in particular. The point here is these mentioned forums are a great place to visit where people share their stories, knowledge and perhaps look for like minded people with the same achievements and struggles.

I would not want anyone to underestimate the power that the people of these forums hold. The power resides in both know how and mental support. Together, the people in these forums created a powerful resource

Blessing to all these good people.

Thanks
Ra
lostcaper.ca

I recently post this article in my blog
https://lostcaper.ca/good-morning/

Last edited:
Today’s blizzard & a hack for unclogging a snow blower.

The harbour in front of our homestead is ice free at the moment but I won’t be out canoeing today. An afternoon blizzard with 20cm (8 inches) of white gold falling before changing to rain is forecasted. The roads will not be safe so I will deploy my tractor on snow removal duty early tomorrow morning. I will do the first three hours before heading to my part time office job. I will hand over the tractor to Mike who will finish up the snow removal duties.

My hack for unclogging the snow blower chute.

The wet snow is hard to push and can clog the snow blower chute. My hack for unclogging the snow blower is use a short handle wood stove shovel (ash shovel) to remove the snow from the chute. It is important that the handle be short (12 inches or so). The longer handle ones don’t go into the blower chute as easy and don’t fit behind the seat of the tractor.

I also use this shovel at the end of the snow blowing day to clean the snow from the agar. If I don’t clean out the blower at the end of the day it will freeze then becomes a real pain.

I will be sure to have this little shovel tucked behind the seat of the tractor before the storm hits.

Good Morning. Our day will include playing Johnny Appleseed with sand so we can get to the workshop/boat barn. We had four inches of snow. We had rain which iced everything over quite nice.. Now we are getting several inches of snow and it may be wise to apply a little grippy to the ice before we forget it is there.

Plus it is day one of dog training in boat. The boat will be on snow.. like a sled.. The dog will hopefully get in and be amenable to being sledded around.

Today, like most Wednesdays will consist of entertaining and being entertained by my 4 year old grandson. Wish we had some snow and/or safe ice as he loves to go outdoors.

Today is drinking coffee and fixing canoes. I may even mud some drywall.

I was out tractoring on Monday and it was a bit of an ordeal ...had to fix a broken woodruff key on the blower first. I need a better unit for snowclearing.

Dog training.. He did not want to get in the canoe yesterday.. He is not particularly food motivated so today we will add meat to the canoe. Yes inside. We want him to go voluntarily and not drag him in.

Reloading 600 shotshells for winter league since Cabela's dishonored their $39 a flat sale.

What little snow we've had here in central Minnesota has receded revealing a healthy crop of dog droppings in my back yard. With high temps in the 20's and sunny, this afternoon is likely going to be spent on a mid-season harvest. A garden hoe is typically required to break the bounty loose from the ground but, once free scooping is easy as they are solid at these temps. As they say, "It's a crappy job but, Dave's gotta do it."

Day "off" from the job site, so will go do some work in the shop, contact swift canoe to know a bit more about a canoe I have to fix for a client, keep up with the shop organization... -30c today but supposed to be warming up... Will walk to town at some point to run errands and maybe go for a coffee... split some wood and keep the stove going.....

Ok on this thread, but please do not turn the forum into another "facebook". I am not a member of FB for several reasons, mainly at first because I don't care to read what you had for breakfast that day. I'm here to read about canoe tripping issues and related informational stories and not much else.

Ok on this thread, but please do not turn the forum into another "facebook". I am not a member of FB for several reasons, mainly at first because I don't care to read what you had for breakfast that day. I'm here to read about canoe tripping issues and related informational stories and not much else.

So ignore what you don't like. Its not forced reading. We could be clinical and stick to only canoeing but is that what one does around a campfire?

I am off to start packing for a canoe trip and thank you to all that submitted ideas for camp meals that do not involve Mountain House. But dang Erica I am having trouble again finding Kamut flakes.. They really are good.

Man people like to be social especially with like minded people. This topic is more a social gathering of like minded people. There are many topics on this great forum that has nothing but canoe trips which I am sure you will enjoy. I enjoy them as well.

3 days ago, I started a batch of bent shaft paddles for my son, daughter, nephew and myself. Nothing fancy, 8 x 20 blades, 12 degree bend, 4 oz E glass...hopefully they'll come in around 14 oz each.

This morning, I went skiing at Bromley, they had a surprise 18" powder day, a really fine day!

BTW, I'm not a Facebook member or fan, but mostly because I don't like their policies, or their mission.

Not force to read anything here or on facebook or anywhere just like we don't have to read your comments that are mostly related to you experience on the racing circuit... Nothing to do with tripping either!!

Not force to read anything here or on facebook or anywhere just like we don't have to read your comments that are mostly related to you experience on the racing circuit... Nothing to do with tripping either!!

Sometimes I need to be reminded of the campfire principle too. Ez....How are things going with Gjermund? I know its not tripping but my memories of the Yukon are through a few very memorable canoe trips.

Sometimes I need to be reminded of the campfire principle too. Ez....How are things going with Gjermund? I know its not tripping but my memories of the Yukon are through a few very memorable canoe trips.

I think they are ok, He is back home in Norway till the 17 I think. I'm sure times are still hard and will be for a long while, but we will do our best to help him through!!

So ignore what you don't like. Its not forced reading. We could be clinical and stick to only canoeing but is that what one does around a campfire?

I am off to start packing for a canoe trip and thank you to all that submitted ideas for camp meals that do not involve Mountain House. But dang Erica I am having trouble again finding Kamut flakes.. They really are good.

Enjoy your trip. If you don't mind me asking where ya headed?

+5 and windy today. Studying maps for many ADK paddle camps. Making a Local paddle group wish list for this year, getting ready to deliver a sold canoe, refining my hammock insulation, Looking at paddles and clothes on the wall and canoes in the rafters. Anticipation.

Good morning all, a bit chilly there. I just got back from 1st walk with the boys and after their breakfast, I will dress warmer for 2nd walk.

I'm off to NH to see my mother and relieve my sister so she can run some errands. A nice slow day.

Back